Saturday 12 February 2011

Tablet Is Like Heroin

Now I would like to discuss about films and whether or not films are now overdoing it in CGI. Jurassic Park is a Steven Spielberg film released in 1993, highly appreciated for it's great use in CGI. it has been highly respected for this reason alone. The Matrix is another great film which has been highly appreciated for it's use of "bullet time", which is when the viewer is able to see a moment (such as someone firing a gun) in slow motion.
 Jurassic Park
The Matrix
Now, most people may be asking why I am talking about these two movies, well I would like to compare 2 great films from the 1990's to 2 films from the 2000's.
Now in 2009 a film by James Cameron came out: yes I am talking about Avatar. Now I thought this was an OK film. I'm not here to criticise the plot, only the use of CGI in the film. Personally, I felt that this film used way too much CGI overall. I feel it should have used less. This is because, to be quite truthful, the film was absolutely ruined by it. Another film which was ruined due to excessive CGI is 2007's Transformers (directed by Michael Bay). To be quite truthful, I felt this was a horrendous film regardless of CGI usage.
 Avatar
Transformers
Now here's a question. How is it that films from the 90's (such as Jurassic Park and The Matrix) are able to successfully make CGI look good in their films, where as films in the noughties (such as Avatar and Transformers) just excessively use it and more or less ruin the film?
To be honest the fact is that film directors should just go back to what the 90's looked like and not overdo the CGI.
stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment