Saturday 12 February 2011

Burzum VS Bullet For My Valentine: More Plagiarism?

I feel I should continue this theme of one thing taking ideas from another. This time, instead of it being Literature, it will be music; specifically metal.
in the late 80's/very early 90's a Black Metal act named Burzum wrote a song named "War". This song has one of the most known guitar riff's in Black Metal.
In 2005, a Welsh metal band called Bullet For My Valentine (for fans BFMV) wrote a song called "Hand of Blood" which is arguably defined as one their best songs (I'm not a fan).
You are all probably wondering why I am discussing these 2 contrasting Bands. But the simple fact is that I am sick and tired of hearing immature people say "Oh my God, I really want to know how Bullet For My Valentine created the opening guitar to "Hand Of Blood"
The fact is that if you listen to Burzum's "War" and then Bullet For My Valentine's "Hand Of Blood" you will notice that the opening riff to "Hand Of Blood" is very similar to the main riff of "War".
Now I must ask why is it that musicians now have the urge to take styles from underrated bands and pass it as their own. I mean does it not show that the musicians in question are just so generically mediocre that they have to take riffs from more talented musicians, just because they can't make their own music.
Varg Vikernes: Burzum
I'll finish it with that.

1 comment:

  1. Burzum also plagiarized Venom, the song is called Welcome to hell.

    ReplyDelete