Tuesday 8 March 2011

I Need Hooch

Bruce Campbell's "If Chins Could Kill! Confessions Of A B Movie Actor" is a book I have just read and to be honest I feel that I should write a review. As you readers know, I posted a blog last month about why Bruce Campbell should get more appreciated than he is (even if he has done his fair share of terrible movies). His book is amazingly done, he explains about his life and how he got into the acting business. It also explains the difficulties of getting into the entertainment business and how brutal the filming of Sam Raimi's cult classic "Evil Dead" was. For anyone who wants to get into the entertainment industry (whether it is acting, radio, directing or producing) I strongly recommend you give this a read. One of the reviews on the back of this book is one which I strongly agree on:
"If you only read one book this year, then you are an illiterate fool. But this should be the book you read."
The fact that it is so much more interesting to read than the biographies of bigger actors (where the pictures are all crammed into the middle of the book) this one has much more exploitative points related to the film industry and how difficult it is to make a film.
I'd give this book 5 out of 5 stars because it is witty.
Great Book

No comments:

Post a Comment